- Pruning. With the warm, spring-like weather so far this March, this is the perfect time to give your favourite fruiting plants, trees and shrubs a good pruning. TIP: Be aware that not everything can be pruned now. READ MORE on what to prune and what not to prune right now.
- Dormant Spray Application. While plants are still dormant (before they bud) an application of dormant spray is highly recommended to kill overwintering insects and eggs on trees and shrubs. TIP: Be sure that temperatures are above 4 °C for 4 to 5 days after you apply. READ MORE about Dormant Spray Application in early spring.
- Start your flowers and veggies from seed. Rule of thumb is to start seeds 6-8 weeks prior to the last expected frost, but refer to the seed pack for specific instructions.READ MORE on tips for Selecting Vegetable Seeds just right for your needs.
- Repot your houseplants to encourage new growth. March is a good time to repot or prune houseplants that may have become root bound or leggy over winter.
- Onion sets, red and white onions, garlic, multipliers and spanish onions, asparagus roots, fava beans, seed potatoes
- Wide selection of summer flowering bulbs – giant dinnerplate dahlias, gladiolus, calla and canna lilies, asiatic and oriental lilies, peonies, and more
- Oxalis (flowering shamrock) just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Fun and whimsical garden accessories and home décor
- Easter lilies and hydrangeas!
We are open 7 days a week. Our early spring hours are: Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sunday 10am-6pm.